5 Inspirations From Tiny Houses for Your Home Remodeling Plans | Chevy Chase, MD
Tiny houses may not be for everyone -- living in a space under 500 sq feet has its disadvantages. However, tiny houses do incorporate some amazing space saving designs that are truly inspirational! Here's some innovative tiny house eye candy to get you started on your home remodeling plans.
- Office Nook - Do you need a space to sort the mail, write your grocery list, or charge your tablet? This little office nook is a simple addition to include in your overall remodeling plan. Place it in the kitchen, living room, or bedroom.
- Upper Loft - If you already have vaulted ceilings or an empty attic space, it would be easy to remodel to include a loft. Lofts are a great bonus space for kids play area, storage, guest sleeping space, etc. Ladders leading to the loft can be customized to be sliding, fold-up, or attached.
- Under Stairs Storage - Think you need more storage space, but can't figure out where to get it? What about that space under your staircase? Have a contractor check your home to see if a customized shelving design could be built under the stairs. This not only adds more storage, but a great look to your home!
- Upper Deck - If you already have a pop-out extension on your home, or are thinking of adding one, why not utilize the space above it? An upper deck may be a fun and useful space to provide your home with more outdoor entertaining and relaxing area.
- Under Shelf Storage - Double the use of your kitchen or closet shelf with this DIY idea. Screw the lids of your mason jars to the underside of the wooden shelf. Then attach the coinciding jar to its lid and you have now added a simple storage solution. Perfect for storing herbs and spices, pasta, knickknacks, craft supplies, and more.
Have you tried any of these ideas? Tell us about it!
Contact us when you're ready to begin remodeling.