Creating an At-Home Spa Experience with Bathroom Remodeling | Bethesda, MD
Have you decided your master bathroom is in need of a new style? Want to bring home the experience of a luxurious spa environment?
Here are five stunning ways to create an at-home spa with some creative bathroom remodeling:
- Drop-In Bath Tub - If you enjoy soaks in the hot tub or natural springs, why not bring the spa effect home? Drop-in bath tubs like the Nagano and others take up little space, but are a luxurious addition with their appearance and home therapy use. Create walk-up stepping stairs or just add directly into the floor. Installation will need some design consideration depending on the layout of your home.
- Stand Alone Sink - Taking the vintage and regal look of older mansions, stand alone sinks are making a comeback in popularity. Their beautiful ceramic bodies come in many shapes and styles, and can have an especially definitive look by customizing the faucet. The roomier space that a stand alone sink gives in your bathroom will help create a more gentle feeling to the room.
- Aromatherapy - A distinct part of creating a spa environment is including the senses of the body. Aromatherapy can create an inviting and relaxing space in your bathroom. The scents of basil, bergamot, chamomile, lavender, and marjoram popular choice for relaxation.
- Shimmering Chandelier - Chandeliers automatically bring elegance to any room with their grandeur and design. Traditionally these lighting objects have been used in dining rooms and ballrooms, but lately are on trend to add to any room for an updated look. If your bathroom isn't particularly large, get a smaller chandelier or one with fewer parts. However, for roomy master baths, go larger for a truly grand appearance.
- Dimmer Lights - Lowering the lights while soaking in the tub or applying aromatherapy moisturizers will definitely increase the spa atmosphere of your bathroom. Have one of our experienced handymen install dimmer switches to your current lights, or buy a small counter-top lamp to reduce the wattage in this room.
Depending on your budget you may be able to add all of these elements to your bathroom makeover plan, or just one or two. In any case, be sure to consider the function of any changes and your personal preferences for decor.
Contact us for to schedule an interview where we can provide personalized home decorating ideas or answer any questions about our contracting services.