Make a Bathroom Remodel Feel Larger | Bethesda, MD
The average bathroom doesn't have a lot of space to move around yet it's one of the most used rooms in the home. You deserve a larger bathroom to eliminate the cramped style through bathroom remodeling. Here are some ideas to inform your contractor about making the most out of the space.
- Rearranging the layout of the bathroom is a good idea. The current layout makes the room feel small because of it. A simple rearrange can make it feel larger. Moving the vanity or bathtub to the opposite side will make a difference. However, consider wires and plumbing. Make sure you have enough funding to move important components around. If the money is available, it is something to consider.
- Another idea is to trade or add items that open up additional space. Trading in a vanity for a sink pedestal or changing the size of the shower/tub combo will make a huge difference. These accessories are space saving, giving the illusion of extra space. Other ideas include changing the shower curtain to clear instead of color or opaque, adding bath organizers instead of additional storage and open shelving.
- A window is something to consider in your bathroom. If your bathroom doesn't have a window, get one. The window will have access to natural light and makes a space feel open. Making the current window larger does the trick too. It doubles as a ventilation area to prevent odors and mildew from forming. It also acts as something to stare at while you're soaking in the bathtub or taking a shower.
- Skylights give the impression of more space vertically or horizontally. Most lights have the light bulbs exposed or hidden underneath light fixtures. These lights are built inside of the wall, creating more space with a cleaner finish than normal lights.
- Mirrors are not only functional but also eye opening. Mirrors create an illusion that the space is bigger than what it is because of the reflection. The best mirrors are ones that are inside of the wall instead of sticking out of it.
Unless the bathroom is adjacent to a vacant room, adding space will be impossible. These tips can give you the feel of larger space. For more information on bathroom remodeling, contact us.